After many requests, I have finally decided to make a post dedicated to all my Makeup Geek eyeshadows! This is so exciting for me because I have really only started to notice her eyeshadows some time last year and they have now quickly become one of, or dare I say my absolute favourite eyeshadows to wear. The quality of these eyeshadows are seriously top notch, super buttery, smooth and finely milled and for the price ($5.99 for the regular eyeshadows and $9.99 for the foiled eyeshadows) you really can't go wrong with these.
I've really warmed to the idea of purchasing single pan eyeshadows ever since I started my Makeup Geek eyeshadow collection. I think building your own palette is a fantastic idea and one that saves a ton of space, especially if you're storing them in Z palettes! Z palettes are amazing and the ones I have pictured above is an extra large one, which currently stores my neutral eyeshadows and a large one for my more colourful shadows.
2nd Row: Preppy, Mocha, Brown Sugar, Bada Bing, Grandstand (FE), Mesmerized (FE), Flame Thrower (FE)
3rd Row: Hipster, Homecoming, Taupe Notch, Gold Digger, Bleached Blonde, Glamorous, Pretentious
4th Row: Cosmopolitan, Goddess, Prom Night, Moondust, Cinderella, Country Girl, Cupcake
5th Row: Unexpected, Bitten, Mango Tango, Burlesque, Drama Queen, Corrupt
(FE): Foiled Eyeshadow
L-R: Shimma Shimma, Vanilla Bean, Peach Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Latte, Frappe, Cocoa Bear
L-R: Preppy, Mocha, Brown Sugar, Bada Bing, Grandstand (FE), Mesmerized (FE), Flame Thrower (FE)
L-R: Cosmopolitan, Goddess, Prom Night, Moondust, Cinderella, Country Girl, Cupcake
L-R: Unexpected, Bitten, Mango Tango, Burlesque, Drama Queen, Corrupt
The majority of these eyeshadows are super pigmented, buttery and smooth to swatch as you can see from the photos although a few of the lighter matte shadows tend to be a bit powdery and dry when I swatched them. They make amazing transition shades and brow highlights though as they are not super saturated in pigment. When her foiled eyeshadows came out and I first tested them out, I was so blown away by how silky they apply and how much colour pay off and metallic-ness they give (Grandstand, Mesmerized and Flame Thrower are my top picks!). If you think her regular eyeshadows are great, you must really check out her foiled eyeshadows. They are on another level! I'm really anticipating on additional shades to the foiled eyeshadow collection in the future!
1st Row: Ice Queen, Mercury, Graphite, Stealth
2nd Row: Pixie Dust, Shimmermint, Poison Ivy, Houdini (FE)
3rd Row: Mermaid, Ocean Breeze, Center Stage (FE), Caitlin Rose (FE)
4th Row: Chickadee
L-R: Ice Queen, Mercury, Graphite, Stealth, Pixie Dust, Shimmermint
L-R: Poison Ivy, Houdini (FE), Mermaid, Ocean Breeze, Center Stage (FE), Caitlin Rose (FE), Chickadee
- Great price point- inexpensive for the quality you get
- Very blendable
- Great colour pay off, rich in pigmentation
- Amazing and wide range of shades and finishes
- Worldwide shipping and fairly quick too
- So smooth, silky and buttery when applied
- Long lasting even without eye primer
- The fact they come in pan form and can be easily stored in magnetized palettes saves so much space
- Apparently they make great and less expensive dupes to MAC eyeshadows (can't say much about this as I don't have any MAC eyeshadows to compare them to)
- Can't think of many cons...if I'm being picky, maybe that some of the matte shadows are a bit powdery and dry and also they need more shades in their foiled eyeshadow line asap! :)
- Caitlin Rose and Center Stage foiled eyeshadows were slightly disappointing in terms of how metallic/foiled and pigmented they are compared to the other foiled eyeshadows. They required more layers to build up the colour
Hope you enjoyed this swatchfest!! I truly think Makeup Geek produce the BEST eyeshadows currently on the market and they are sooo worth the investment. Which are your favourites?
* Disclaimer: This is a non-sponsored post and I am in no way affiliated with Makeup Geek. The products mentioned were purchased with my own money and as always my reviews are 100% my honest opinion *