I wasn't too keen on having a palette full of matte shadows just because I've had bad experiences with matte eyeshadows previously. I find they can be very hard to work with, not pigmented and very chalky. But not the Naked Basics! I've really grown to love matte shadows, especially neutral ones. They are great as everyday shades and perfect as transition colours.
There are six eyeshadows in this super sleek palette, one satin and five matte shadows:
- Venus is a satin/shimmery creamy white. I love this colour when used all over the lids, as a brow bone highlight and in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten any eye look.
- Foxy is a matte eggshell cream shade. Not the most pigmented. I usually use this one as a brow bone 'brightener'.
- W.O.S is a matte pinkish cream shade. Similar thoughts to Foxy- not too pigmented and normally use it on the brow bone and sometimes on the lids.
- Naked 2 is a matte light taupey brown. One out of my two favourite eyeshadows in this palette. A great crease and transition colour.
- Faint is a matte medium brown. The second of my favourite eyeshadows in this palette. This is a very pigmented matte brown and I love using it to deepen my crease and to create more depth.
- Crave is a matte black. I probably use this eyeshadow the least just because for daytime wear, I stay away from black eyeshadows. Although, a matte black is a must in a palette like this.
I really like the colour selection in this palette although Foxy and W.O.S are a bit too similar for my liking. I would've liked a matte brown darker than Faint. It's a wonderful palette when you want to transition from a day time eye look to a night time one. Crave would be perfect to deepen and smoke out any eyeshadow look.
The packaging of the palette itself is ultra sleek and travel friendly. It's slightly smaller than an iPhone 5 and contains a full sized mirror. Really perfect for on-the-go when you don't have time to go home and re-do your makeup for a night out!
- Travel friendly
- Doesn't take up a lot of storage space in your vanity
- Smooth and buttery
- Not chalky or powdery
- Comes with a full sized mirror
- Blends like a breeze
- Awesomely pigmented shades especially Venus, Naked 2, Faint and Crave
- Quite pricey for the amount of eyeshadows you get. It's around $37 from BeautyBay. That's like $6 per eyeshadow!
- Foxy and W.O.S doesn't really show up well on my skin and are rather similar looking
What do you guys think of this palette for those of you who own it? For me personally, I know these shades are very basic hence the name, and although it is rather pricey, UD eyeshadows are extremely of high quality and I know I'll be making great use out of this palette. I've been using it almost everyday for work, switching it up from time to time with my Lorac Pro :D
* Disclaimer: This is a non-sponsored post and I am in no way affiliated with Urban Decay. The product mentioned was purchased with my own money and as always my reviews are 100% my honest opinion. *