I LOVE LOVE these Jumbo Eye Pencils from NYX. They are the perfect base for any eyeshadow and really inexpensive. These eye pencils are pretty creamy so I don't suggest applying it on your lids on its own as they may crease but rather as a base for your eyeshadows. They provide something for your eyeshadows to stick on and my favourite part is how they make your eyeshadows way more pigmented and bold!
L-R: Milk, Yogurt, Pure Gold, French Fries, Lime, Black Bean
- Milk :: matte white. A great base to lighten any eyeshadow as well as making it more opaque
- Yogurt :: shimmery pink-champagne
- Pure Gold :: shimmery gold
- French Fries :: shimmery reddish-bronze
- Lime :: shimmery lime green
- Black Bean :: matte black. A great black base to intensify dark eyeshadows
And this is just an example of how a great base can make your eyeshadows more pigmented and intense.
L-R: Urban Decay "Half Baked", Urban Decay "Half Baked" on top of NYX Pure Gold Jumbo Eye Pencil
- Inexpensive (I purchased mine for $3.99 each)
- Creamy, smooth formula
- Intensifies the pigmentation of eyeshadows
- Great base for eyeshadows to stick on especially if they tend to have quite a bit of fall-out
- Bad packaging. I remember I gently placed the plastic cap on the pencil and it started to crack >.< (You can see from the pictures above)
Overall, they really are great eyeshadow bases and definitely worth investing if you love playing with eyeshadows. I definitely plan on purchasing more in the future! Are there any other eyeshadow bases out there that you guys love? Do share your recommendations!
* Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with NYX Cosmetics. I purchased all products with my own money and as always, my reviews are 100% my honest opinion. *